Wednesday, December 28, 2005

What a Bummer

Two consecutive days off from work. I have been looking forward to these two days for literally the past 8 weeks. I made it though another holiday selling season, survived another visit to Iowa, and was really looking forward to getting tanked and generally misbehaving. And now I am sick.

Yesterday I laid on the couch for a full 12 hours watching no less than 4 James Bond movies because I couldn't be asked to change the channel. Today I at least got out of the house to take Joe to the airport. Now I am home watching English football. L'pool won against Everton today -- go Reds! Currently Chelsea and Man City are tied at nil-nil.

Often my best laid plans are ruined by my immune system's ability to go nutty just as I have some free time. Maybe I should quit smoking... or move to a warmer climate.

1 comment:

MCMCMCLY said...

There is something to this. Our apartment is so warm that it is at times intoxicating, and can turn a minor head cold into a massive, three-day-long hibernation. I'm glad to be moving out in less than a month.