Tuesday, December 13, 2005

And the winner is...

As part of my membership to the filmmaking organization IFP, I get to vote in the upcoming independent Spirit movie awards. I saw these awards on IFC one year, and actually thought they were legitimate. That was before I knew that you could buy a vote for just $80 a year by becoming a member of IFP. Now, one might argue that only a legit filmmaker would bother to pay money to be in a filmmaking organization. I stand here today as the ultimate counter to that argument. I have not yet, and likely will never be considered legitimate in any way, let alone as a filmmaker. So there you have it, the independent Spirit awards are bogus. Who should I vote for?

The extra bonus is that, in order to be able to see all the nominated movies, I got a free 3 month subscription to NetFlix. They automatically send me the movies that are up for awards, and as I understand it some of them are not widely available to the public. So thats kinda neat right? I have a gut feeling that NetFlix offers all of it's new customers 3 free months, but I like the idea of an exclusive offer just for people like me (or at least for people whom I aspire to be like)so I'm running with that. Don't burst my bubble.

No comments: