Friday, December 09, 2005

The Movies (for your PC)

I have a new pastime in the form of PC gaming. Now, I've never considered myself a hardcore PC gamer, but I do like a couple of well made series. I grew up playing the Civilization games, and now Sid has released Civ IV. In the past month I have wasted many a night playing this game, even though it just barely runs on my not-so-old notebook.

On top of that,I just discovered a new game called The Movies. This is a game that allows you to build and run your very own Hollywood-style move studio. You also have the option to create your own movies within the game, which you can export to your computer and the web. Granted, you are basically just arranging a number of stock clips in order and calling it a movie, but there seem to be a number of unique clips, and there are some interesting customization options. I haven't mastered the art of in-game movie making just yet, but when I do I'll try to post some of the best ones here.

No comments: