Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Room with a View

I've been hunting for a new apartment today. For those readers who are behind the curve, my roommate of two-plus years, Drew, is moving to Littleton, Colorado at the end of this month. It's no secret that I have never been a big fan of our current place; its too dark, too hot, and just plain pedestrian. Not to mention its in the burbs. Mind you, we live less than 5 minutes from Downtown, but it is still technically the burbs and I miss urban bliss.

So with Drew leaving town I finally have the opportunity to find a new home. After considering my options, I decided it was best to pursue living alone. It took me the better part of two years to learn to live with Drew, and I decided I didn't have the patience to learn to live with a new person right now. Now I am under some self-imposed pressure to find the best living space in Minneapolis. This pressure has allowed me to put off actually looking for a place for the past month and a half. Today was my "oh shit" day.

Ben and I drove all over Minneapolis today looking for a reasonably priced 1 bedroom apartment for me in a decent part of town. This is especially frustrating because I've been living on the cheap for so long with every conceivable amenity. I am exciting about living alone again, but it looks as if that decision will not come without some financial repercussions. Equally worrying is the fact that I have to find a place to live very very soon or I will be begging under the loring bridge. I have three weeks to find a place I like and can afford. Damn you Drew.

--------------------

I'm a believer , Alien puppy , If I had a million dollars.

No comments: