Sunday, January 22, 2006

Drew hat das GebÃude verlassen

That's right. Drew left for Denver this evening, and I am officially without my unofficial boyfriend. Granted, we never made it or anything, but it was nice to have a familiar face to come home to. You'd be surprised at how many people at work are shocked when they hear I am not going to Denver as well. They act as if we must have had a bad breakup -- and then they get weird. That's when I walk away. With work associates, I prefer to keep 'em guessing rather than set the record straight.

I'm gonna miss the little guy. But we do have plans to get together every year for the Superbowl (wink).

I have completed 90% of the move downtown. The rest is just a few articles of clothing, and some items Drew abandoned because he couldn't fit them in his car. Now that I live alone I am posting an open invitation for anyone to visit at any time. Ben and the Rock have the opposite weekend off from me, so without Drew around I'll likely get bored every other weekend.

In other news, Corey stood me up last night (shame on you, silly man who falls asleep on his couch) so I had the unfortunate experience of "just waiting for a friend" at the bar for nearly an hour. Finally a couple of guys took pity on me and I ended up having a decent time, even if I did average 20 years younger than my companions.

A shout out goes to all of my international readers as well. Okay, its just one international reader. Tom from the UK has returned from his honeymoon with Roseanne and has graced the pages of PoE. Thanks Tom.

Auf Wiedersehen Drew, even if you don't know what that means.

3 comments:

MCMCMCLY said...

No, there was no sex. Just me and some nice 46 yr olds. Only one guy wanted to do me(he was only 30, or so he claimed), and he had an adopted child with his partner, so I knew better. Amen

Cupcake said...

Excellent use of German even though you used a tilda instead of an umlaut. All European languages are the same to you, I guess.

We know you'll miss your little Drewdooles, but hang in there, champ.

MCMCMCLY said...

I was going for the umlaut, but it spontaneously became a tilda when my post published. And the 'A' was not capitialized either.