Sunday, January 15, 2006

Retail Potpourri

Don't ever let anyone convince you that bizarre things don't happen because of a full moon. People who work in retail or healthcare can attest. This weekend we had the crazies in the store. The sheer number of angry customers, unusual questions, and creepy people in the store this weekend was more than enough to drive me a little crazy myself.

Today was the first day we've been back to regular Sunday hours since before the Holidays. I had forgotten how challenging it is to get all the customers out of our store at 6 PM. They are so used to us being open late that we had people still shopping at 6:45. That's insane.

And I got to meet the man who invented Cheerios. At least that is what his grand-daughter told me. For non-Minneapolites, General Mills is based in the Twin Cities (as was its predecessor), so this story is entirely plausible He was in to get the battery on his watch fixed. So there you go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI Dave, a guy I work with claims that his grandfather invented the modern cereal box, what with its flap and slit design. He didn't use the phrase "flap and slit," but I felt it appropriate.

Who reads your blog and has two thumbs? This guy.