Thursday, February 09, 2006

Robbers!

The building in which I live recently purchased two expensive flat screen televisions. (Does it bother anyone else that I instinctively wanted to capitalize "television?"). One was for the game room, and the other was put in the fitness room. Last night both televisions were stolen.

What had happened was, a couple of guys followed someone into the building late last night, waited for them to disappear, and then removed both TV's from the wall and walked out the front door with them. And that's what had happened.

I will now lock my door any time I leave my apartment for any reason, even if just to walk down the hallway to the trash chute.

Shameful.

2 comments:

Cupcake said...

No, what is shameful is that you live in a building with a game room and a fitness room.

Also, if you were New Yorkers, this would never have happened. One night my German coworker Christian came back to my apartment with me. He opened the front door of the building and just took his sweet time. "Close the door behind you and hurry up inside," I yelled. "Haven't you ever heard of a vestibule push-in?" He never strayed from Manhattan for the rest of his time in New York.

MCMCMCLY said...

Yes well we can't all be blessed with high crime rates like all you New Yorkers.

Sadly, there are some things about the midwest which just don't compare.

Also, I use neither the game, nor fitness room if that counts for anything.