Thursday, February 23, 2006

Reversi


Bizarre traffic day in the cities. I live in Downtown Minneapolis, and commute to the suburbs for work every day. Usually I've got the advantage, as most people are trying to fit into downtown while I am going to work, and similarly I am driving into the city during the evening rush hour (although that one is complicated a bit by the giant clusterfu*k that is the 35/94 commons - what a stupid design for a freeway).

This morning, it was as if the mayor had released an emergency proclamation ordering everyone out of the city at exactly 8:30. Very strange. There was no discernible reason for my extra-long commute today. No accident, no inclement weather, no million -man-march-like protest down the middle of 35W. It just was.

We should have more projects like this one. I'm especially keen on one that stops directly in front of my place, and takes me directly to my place of work. Someone get on that. (Get it?)

No comments: