Monday, August 21, 2006

The Wedding Banquet

Last night was Assistant Store Manager Sarah's wedding reception. I was one of a handful of co-workers who attended; with Amy, Bossman Mike, and two general office workers rounding out the Southdale contingent. The highlight of the reception was most certainly the dinner --a ten course meal. Each course of which could well have been a full meal in and of itself. Soup, appetizers, stuffed crab claws, lobster, fried rice with shrimp & sausage, sesame chicken, deep fried walleye, beef with broccoli, fruit, and cake.

The downside of the evening was sitting with the whitest of whities at a predominantly Vietnamese gathering. Also, MB spilled a nearly full bottle of beer on me, even though I had warned her several times that she would do just that. I even moved the bottle no less than three times before I accidentally let my guard down and got drenched.

But good times.

Rick was along as well. He helped MB decorate the hall the day before, and was rewarded with a nice meal and an open bar. Which he fully utilized.

I was driving, after all.

We left the reception around 10:30 to head to the Saloon to meet one of Rick's friends who was celebrating his 29th birthday. Not much of interest happened, except for Rick continuing to drink. And drink... and drink some more. I was two drunk to drive him home by 2, so onto the couch he fell. At least temporarily. He ended up on the floor next to the couch sometime after I had gone to bed.

Having to work today, I woke up this morning with enough time to drop Rick off at home before driving to work myself. My usual morning routine doesn't involve the living room as such, so I decided to let Rick sleep until I was about ready to leave.

The first thing I noticed when finally walking into the living room was the smell. Then I saw the giant red spot on the carpet. How I do love sick. I'll spare you the details, but it's now been nearly 24 hours since to 'accident' and my apartment still smells of a nauseous mix of vomit and resolve carpet cleaner.

Who wants poppycock?

No comments: