Saturday, August 26, 2006

Rumours on the Internets

I'm tired of surfing the web. At least I'm tired of my usual websites. A typical day in the life of Dave goes something like this: come home from work, check email to see who may have posted a comment on my bog (usually no one), check blogs of friends and acquaintences for updates, check to see who looked at my friendster profile today (usually no one), check to see who left me a message on gay.com (usually no one). Then I play online Jepopary until I get a category I've already seen -- which typically happens about the second game. Then I answer as if I'd never seen the exact same questions, check to see if anyone interesting is on IM or MSN (usually no one), and then its time for playstation baseball.

I've played well more than 120 games of playstation baseball in the past three months, and I'm sickj to death of it. But by gosh, I'm going to win that World Series if it takes my last breath.

Also, I saw the birth of a baby calf at the Minnesota State Fair this evening. It nearly brought me to tears until I realized just how lame that would make me. Nothing like seeing the hooofs(holves?) of a baby calf sticking out of mommy's vag for 20 minutes. It really makes a person want to poop.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dave
www.abandonia.com will save you from becoming a one-trick video game loser!

Try Ultima 6 or Star Control II and you might lose your job.

MCMCMCLY said...

Ugh. That ultima 6 game is too hard for me, and I couldn't get the other one to work.

There's a text-based HHG game that killed an hour or two of my day thought.

Anonymous said...

i started playing "dig it"
I bet you'd like the strategy games

they have civ ii gold!
loser

Anonymous said...

hmmm, I wonder what new frightening inventions are at the "Great Minnesota Get Together" this year... last year I read it was a fried snickers bar or something nauseating to that effect.