Sunday, August 13, 2006

Days of Thunder

Out with the old



And in with the new



My Iowa hometown, Newton, is hoping this raceway will keep away desperate times after Maytag Corporation, the town's largest employer, was purchased by Whirpool. The new owners have announced plans to close the factory in Newton, as well as the old corporate headquaters.

So now its a racing town. I was visiting my parents this weekend, and my mother took me out to the construction site for the new track. In a weird way it was kind of impressive. I mean, I don't give two hoots about racing, but the track itself is actually kinda pretty to see. Also, if you're into this kinda thing, Lynard Skinnard is doing a rock and roll show at the new "speedway" in October. With 38 Special and the Charlie Daniel's Band. Rock out with your cock out dude.

Here's the tracks webcam if you are bored.

No comments: