Friday, May 05, 2006

The Password is...

(Medium)

Back from the windy city with computer finally working properly; I'm now able to relay some of the best bits from this past weekend...except that I've already forgotten them or Cupcake has stolen my thunder by posting the best material.

Seriously though, what do you call a pilot's wife? Or for that matter a pirate's wife?

Most of the Chicago crowd thought my post about the relative nature of the word 'medium' to be quite lame. I guess I'm a lot like Stephen Colbert, in that if you don't get my ironic, cynical comedic voice, then you must be an idiot. He and I are both genui. That notwithstanding, the medium gag played a big role in the events of said weekend.

In fact, the weekend took on an official theme: Medium.

Much time was devoted to long-winded explanations of how the current activity actually applied to the weekend theme. Most convincing was the game of Hangman (TM) played over dinner Friday night. The category? You guessed it. What do you think the answer was. I'll give you a hint, if you are thinking of that vaguely familiar Chloe chick from some late-night commercials a few years ago, then you are getting warm.

--------
| |
| O
| >|< __ __ __ __ __ __ __
| ^
--------------

Yay for me. Pictures to follow.

Cubs game Fri. They won. Wrigley's great. Windy. Rained all day Sat. & Sun. Nancy. Umbrella. Poof.

2 comments:

Cupcake said...

My coverage of Chicago has been woefully lacking, so if you can't pick up the slack it must have a very forgetable weekend. I did want to include one of our more colorful exchanges, but I'm not sure if my delicate readerhsip is ready for the word "twat" in casual dialogue.

And I really fucking loved that umbrella. Shame, that.

MCMCMCLY said...

Twat's the big deal, its just a word. Plus, aren't most of your readers lesbians anyway? So they should, like, have no problem with that one.