Monday, September 04, 2006

Party like its Nineteen Ninety Something

Team huddle: Bowling party

I hung out with my sales team tonight at Southtown lanes. The worst bowling alley in the metro. The lanes are basically sawdust. Also, at first, only two people form my team showed up. But eventually we had a pretty decent crowd. I played a couple of games with 'em, and then left them to get wasted without their boss.

Rick had just returned from a long weekend in Iowa, and we had made plans to go out for a drink or two after my bowling obligation. Little did i know that he and his buddies would end up at the Gay 90's.

The name of this club really makes very little sense. It's not much of a gay club, really. So the first part is out. And te 90's? Well, the 1890s were pretty gay I guess. Needless to say, the club was packed to the rafters. Its the place to be on the Sunday night of Labor Day weekend aparently. Withing 30 seconds of walking in the door I had run across no less than 5 different people I would never expect to see at the 90's. Co-workers, ex boyfriends, high school classmates, you name it. I saw someone to fit the description.

I found Rick in the Retro bar, along with 1000 other 'homos.' One nice thing about the 90's is that they mix one hell of a strong drink (as you can no doubt tell by reading this post). I basically got half a bottle of wiskey in every 7&7 I oredered. Rad.

Aside:
Rajasree does not believe that the sign for the Gay 90's in meant to respresent a penis penetrating a butthole. I wish I had a picture of the sign at night, because it is so obvious -- its not even funny.

3 comments:

Lord of the Barnyard said...

really?

MCMCMCLY said...

That picture doesn't really do it justice. the angle is all wrong, and the effect is much more visible at night -- when the sign is lighted.

JfA said...

I was one of the 1000 homos in the retro room that night. Sorry for sweating on you.