Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Let's pretend we're eating steak

You probably already know this, but I'm just getting around to writing about it so bear with me. Apparently there is a new(radio?) commercial for Outback Steakhouse that features the Of Montreal song "Wraith Pinned to the Mist (and other games)". Only the song has been transformed into a jingle.

I've looked up and down the World Wide Web, and cannot find any video or audio evidence to back this up. But I know it's true because I read it on Pitckfork. I really want to hear it because I cannot imagine how this song could be effectively used to advertise a steakhouse. So if anyone happens to know where I can catch a listen, please let me know in the comments.

In absence of the actual commercial, I give you my best guess:

Lets pretend we're eating steak.
Lets pretend we're at Outback Steakhouse
Lets all eat a bloomin' onion
Lets pretend we're at Outback Steakhou-auh-auhse.


No comments: