Sunday, September 10, 2006

On the Road

Another road trip to Ames/Des Moines is in the books. And yet another nail-biting win by the Cyclones. Its a shame we can't put these mediocre teams away before the last play of the game. But maybe we're just as mediocre as them. Only time will tell.

[Insert your own sports cliche here]

Ben, Rick, and I tried to pull off some real tailgating for this go 'round with somewhat limited success. We bought one of those 'one-time-use' grills from the grocery. It worked, sorta. If you call waiting 2 hours to cook 4 burgers working. Next time I vote we go through the drive-up window at Burger King.

This will be my last trip to Des Moines for a few weeks. I have to work the weekend of the next home game. Plus, driving back and forth is starting to put a strain on my already limited budget. Damn me and my expensive habits.

No comments: