Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oscarnation (I Can't Believe I Watched the Whole Thing!)

Crash?

I'll be the first to admit I haven't seen as many of the films nominated for this year's Academy Awards as I should have seen, but I have seen Crash. "Hated It."

The award for most entertaining bit goes to Stephen Colbert's voice during the fake commercials.

I really did watch the entire 3.5 hour broadcast. Its been a few years since I've endured the Oscars, and as I said to Joe as I left his apartment "Let's never do that again unless one of us in nominated for an award."

I had forgotten how excruciatingly boring it is to watch the Oscars. I've seen cliche movies about bad-boy racists saving the lives of black women trapped in a car after a freak accident that were more entertaining.

Puh-lease!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is from Salon's Oscar wrap-up:

I think somebody MADE him suck. I think there was some serious Hollywood penitentiary shower-shanghai going down. Somebody stuck Jon Stewart in the tent with Oscar and made him commit unnatural acts of sucking. I don't want to name names, but I think it was probably J.C. Penney himself.

Cupcake said...

You're just grumpy because the homo cowboys got the shaft. I'm coming to terms with the fact that now I'll never get to see Crash as 10,000 people probably logged on to Netflix last night and added that film to the top of their Queue.

The whole experience was greatly enhanced by red wine, stuffed shells and peanut-butter brownies, but you needn't take my word for it.

MCMCMCLY said...

Never saw the homo cowboys in action Im ashamed to admit. I've lost recruiting priveleges for that I'll have you know.