Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Drew's the Best

Those of you who know me well know that I am not a master of the culinary arts. Surprise! I bought a new set of pots and pans today. The brand new JCP private brand "Cooks" 10-piece hard-anodized set. They aren't the best pots in the world, but for the use I'll get out of them I figure I couldn't have found a better deal - what with my generous employee discount and all.



Because I am incapable of making any type of major purchase without consulting at least three people, I called Drew. This is when I heard the bad news. Cupcake has made her vacationing choice, and Denver wins out over Minneapolis. I suppose this is only fair seeing as how Nancy is Drew's friend, but I can't hide my disappointment. Nancy, think of all the fun people you know in Minneapolis. Not only me, but also Ben, Rajasree, Joe, etc. We're way more fun than Drew.

Whatever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Superb.

However they are nothing compared to the stylish blue and white spotty crockery from Boots you had as a student here.

I battled for custody of a mug, which I broke almost immediately.

Spatulas?

Cupcake said...

Cheer up! I didn't choose Denver over Minneapolis, I just chose to visit Denver first. I wanted to ask you how the last weekend in April (28-30) looks for you.

Of course, this is provisional based on a nice tax return or a raise, but one of these should come through by then.

Anonymous said...

It's NOT a competition guys.



But if it were, sounds like Drew'd of won.