Thursday, March 02, 2006

The End is Nigh

Today marked day #8 of my tedious 9-day stretch of consecutive working. The sun will come out tomorrow. For three days. And then back behind the clouds until the next significant period of time away form sales managing. To make matters worse, 5 of the 9 days have been closing shifts. This means I go to work between noon an 1 PM, and get home about 10:30 PM.

I close tomorrow night to finish off the extended week from hell. So far, the plan for the weekend is to get as drunk as humanly possible. Alas, most if not all of my Minneapolitan friends will be tending to their own careers this weekend. So unless any of ye faithful readers steps up to the plate I may be drinking alone.

Adding to my own personal corporate nightmare, I thought I had a decent chance of getting re-assigned to a different store by the end of this week. But my boss seemed pretty clueless when I talked to him about it yesterday. Oh well, I guess I'll have to be content selling a product I don't believe in to a customer I don't like in a store I'm not keen on to say the least. Who needs more money anyhow?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave, you sound vulnerable. Don't drink alone.