Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Its Peanut Butter/Jelly Time! (Peanut Butter Jelly with a Baseball Bat)

Ben and the Rock host a fabulous dinner party tonight featuring Joe's famous tortilla soup, some kind of pulled pork dish from Ben, and my contribution (a $40 cake - I hope there's a bar of silver in the middle). Plus some asparagus and other stuff no doubt. If I remember to take my camera I'll post some pictures of the festivities later tonight.

Speaking of cake, here is a picture of my friend Tom's confectionery rendition of R2D2:



Before you dole out any praise for this accomplishment, you should know that he used a cake mold of R2D2. I didn't know such a thing existed, but apparently he has a C3P0 mold as well.

4 comments:

Cupcake said...

What kind of cake? Be specific please. Inquiring cupcakes want to know. The WD-40 cake form boggles my mind (or whatever the hell that thing is).

MCMCMCLY said...

Specifically, it was a chocolate mousse cake with a parline crust and dark chocolate frosting. Very rich.

Tommy O said...

To the above post, it is not WD-40, but R2-D2 a droid from an unamed science fiction film. And thanks to the good people at Wilton, he can come to us in cake form.

Cupcake said...

Oh, I am quite familiar with the people at Wilton. With a name like Cupcake, you can rest assured I have their online site bookmarked. And if the robot cake made you happy, then I'm happy for you, Miscellaneous Friend of Dave.