Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Trifecta


A week or two before I found out I was moving to Wisconsin, my friend Lexi was in the cities paying a visit. She's been working for an online baby magazine in New York for the past few years. During her visit, she received a call from another magazine offering her a job. The catch was she'd have to move out of NYC, and into a much smaller community in Massachusetts. Of course, she accepted the offer, and is now finding herself in a similar position.

Then, maybe one week after I found out about my move, Cupcake gets an offer from a competing firm in NY. And she's in transition now as well. Although admittedly not leaving Brooklyn anytime soon. The downside for Cups is that she has to train in her replacement.

So there you have it. A collective "movin' on up" for all three of us. I've heard before that bad things always happen in threes. Maybe the same anecdotal law applies here as well. Way to go chicks! Now you can afford to come visit me.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

Dave, wow, this is what I get for not reading ever. You write about meeeee!

I'm real happy for you. I also like how you, Drew and I all now live in remote areas where the cool quotient is dangerously close to nil. Rad.

I will visit!! Maybe all us DSM expats plus Cuppie can plan a central location where we can pay people to rub our bodies and pummel us with drinks. Or, we can go to Des Moines.