Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Potporri

I have found a place to live! It's a condo. Email me for details. Yes, this is a shameless ploy to garner more email -- you realise that my nightly activities consist of checking my email to see who has sent me a message (no one), watching a few episodes of Law and Order, and falling asleep at 8:30 with the TV still on. And somehow I'm still tired when the alarm goes off at 6. Funny, that.

I close on the 15th of December, so its another full month of hotel living for me before my precious, precious belongings make the trip to join me here. The new place has way too many rooms for my current furniture allocation, so I will need to buy lots of neato stuff to fill it up. I am accepting donations. Also, as anyone bought me Six Feet Under on DVD yet? No.

I went for a couple drinks with two of the supervisors from my store tonight. They took me to a "lounge" attached to a motel. We were the only people in the bar. They pretty much spent the night gossiping about people who either work for us, or used to work for us. I recognized about three names out of the roughly 100 they tossed out.

Going out with co-workers is a new experience for me. Especially when the ones I'm drinking with report directly to me. I still cringe a little bit when one of them introduces me as her boss. I don't think of myself as a boss in any sense of the word, although in the traditional sense I suppose they are correct. I tell them what to do . Of course, its completely up to them whether they do what I ask or not. Most of the time they just do what they want, and figure I won't object. Most of the time they are correct. Because I don't know any better.

2 comments:

JfA said...

Happy hour with co-workers is always fun, and it's always good to get 'em loosened up via liquor. Of course, last time, I was the show when I slurringly outed myself to a sales girl at the Independent, hoping she'd put in a word with her friend. (No dice.)

Donations for furniture? Phhbt. I think there's a Savers in that town; look into that.

Lexi said...

I also have recently begun drinking with coworkers, and I've never been more scared to get shitfaced in my life. I've decided Two, Not Three is my new mantra. Just in case.