Monday, November 13, 2006

Television is my Friend

Bravo is showing one of my favorite episodes of Six Feet Under tonight. It's the episode in which Nate accidentally takes Ecstasy. The stray pill that David had hurriedly hidden in the family aspirin bottle during a previous episode. David has recently come out to his mother, and she arranges a family dinner. Nate takes the pill for his headache before the meal, and ends up high at the dinner table. This episode is one of the early defining moments for the show. A lot of the plot lines start to take root, and begin to develop more seriously. Also its damn funny.

I miss this show -- especially the first three seasons. Its just so good. Someone buy it for me so I don't have to watch the edited-for-television version.

Also, the Sorkin movie American President was on tonight. I haven't seen the movie since before the West Wing started, and I forgot just how many people form that movie are in the television series. Not to mention the number of West-wingers who found their way onto Studio 60. Well okay, just Bradley Whitford.

No comments: