Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Supermodel

Perhaps it is true that nothing shown on television during the past two weeks has escaped my attention. I've watched Law and Order marathons until they start repeating the episodes. Tonight though, I saw something different. I'm not sure what to call it exactly, so I'll just explain it.

I suppose it's best described as a contest of sorts. Contestants are asked to strike a pose. Then, as they are posing, another person shoots the contestant with a paintball gun at close range. The object of the game is to maintain your original pose more consistently than your opponent. You get three poses - the winner being determined by a celebrity judge. So what was I watching? The Man show? Or some new malicious VH1 program?

Nope, it was on ESPN 2.

I mean seriously guys, I was cool with the trick shot pool, the professional bowling, and the constant poker tournaments. Heck, even the paintball tournaments are at least somewhat defensible. But don't you think you've taken the definition of extreme sports just a bit over the line here? It's extreme, no doubt, I'll give you that.

1 comment:

Cupcake said...

I nominate you as the next contestant.


Also, turn off the goddamn teevee, Opie.