Friday, November 10, 2006

STARBUSTS

Living in Wisconsin is already entertaining. Today one of the supervisors was running to get coffee, so I asked her to get me some. "I'll take the lightest roast they've got," I said. So off she goes to get me a cup of java. She returns just a few moments later and explains, "They only had one roast, so they added some hot water for you."

Yes, I asked for a light roast and I received a watered-down-something-or-rather roast. I'm not prima facie anti-Starbucks or anything, but this is bizarre behavior. I hope it was her first night on the job.



Also

Yesterday: Sunny and nearly 70
Today: 7" of snow by noon and cold cold cold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, how trashy of her... ruining a perfectly good roast with such gas station like behavior... shake some sense into that woman Dave... She owes you a cup of coffee.

Cupcake said...

That is totals bizarre behavior. I can only assume she was too eager to please. Did you already pull your "No wire hangers" stunt?

At least she didn't call it an "Americano" and try to charge you $3.50 for it.

MCMCMCLY said...

I try to keep the Joan references in my back pocket for emergencies only. I have used "make it work" more than a few times already though.