Monday, April 17, 2006

If You haven't got a Penney, a Ha' Penney will do

This weekend, thanks to MB, I found out that despite my supposed position as #3 on the magical promotion list at the JC, the district moved as many as 6 people. You guessed it - I was not one of those people. This is getting out of control.

So today I took fate into my own hands and sent my boss a stern yet diplomatic email suggesting that it was time to quit leading me on and finally go all the way. Of course, Mike's reaction to my note tomorrow will likely remind me of this line form High Fidelity:
Sometimes I got so bored of trying to touch her breast that I would try to touch her between her legs. It was like trying to borrow a dollar, getting turned down, and asking for 50 grand instead.

So in the new couple of week I'll either be writing happily about how my bold move paid off, or I'll be pleading with all ye faithful readers to get your friends to get me a job.

Time will tell.

No comments: