Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Baby its Cold Outside!

Icy cold early December day here. I've just looked and the current temperature in hong kong is a perfect 72 F.

The closing date for the new home looms on the horizon, and as of today I'm still working out the logistics for what is going to be one very busy weekend. Since i get so few weekends off this time of year, I have to squeeze closing on the home, moving my stuff here, driving to Iowa for the family Christmas, and driving back to settle in to the new place all into a small 4-day window. So far the plan is to close and move on Friday. Then drive to Iowa Saturday afternoon, and finally make a quick trip back Sunday evening to unpack and settle in on Monday. Tuesday it's back to work.

In one sense it's amazing that I've managed to score four days off in a row at this time of year. On the other hand, this seems like an unreasonable time frame in which to complete the above tasks.

Now, this El Perro del Mar video can take your mind off my troubles:

3 comments:

JfA said...

I'm not volunteering to help move, but I'll buy you a beer that Friday. You can show me all the fine, reputable, upstanding gay bars in EC you've been telling me about.

MCMCMCLY said...

Yes, all show you all of them. The tour starts at 10 PM and ends at 10:10 PM. Bring your drinking goggles!

Anonymous said...

could you maybe hire movers to help ease with the stress of all of this??? That sounds like alot of moving around, especially with a move!