Monday, June 05, 2006

What would you do for a Klon-Dyke Bar

I'd climb to the summit of Mt. Everest in Bermuda Shorts with a 12-year-old mule on my back and no cigarettes.

Went to see this band last night at Triple Rock. Generally speaking, I hate anything associated even remotely with Connor Oberst but there's something about tap-dancing indie pop cuties that is just too aww shucks inspiring to ignore. Plus, they have the added benefit of being a totally awesome band.

It was nice to see a band with so much energy on stage. They reacted well to the audience (even if the crowd was a bit on the dull side), and I like seeing happy-go-lucky performers who actually look like they might be having a good time on stage. Some of the members were even smiling during the set -- several times! Which is a rarity in the shoe-gazer hipster scene.

All in all, a very refreshing, fun show and I'd recommend seeing them live if the tour is heading your way. Bring your tap dancing shoes - I think they'd love a special guest performance.

I Wanna Fuck it Up

No comments: