Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Must be a full moon

Strange day at the JC today. I had a particularly crazy woman who bought some shoes from us, then lost them while still shopping in our store (?), and then wanted us to give her two more pair for free because she lost them. When I told her that wasn't possible she raised her voice and the expletives began. Because she mentioned having already talked to the store manager, I decided this woman was officially his problem, so I called him to come bat clean up. He, in turn, delegated this woman to our 5' 0" assistant store manager, Sarah.

The ASM came down to talk with the customer, and so I returned to the stockroom to finish marking some shoes for the clearance rack. While I'm in the stockroom, a commotion breaks out on the sales floor. There's a lot of screaming and yelling and then a loud crash-thud. Immediately after the commotion, I think I hear someone say "Get her down!, Get her Down!"

The first thought that goes through my head is that the crazy lady has attacked little Sarah and is holding her down trying to strangle her or some sort of disaster. Well, I come rushing out of the stockroom - and thankfully Sarah is not being assaulted by the crazy lady. What had happened was, out LP officer was tracking a shoplifter who got spooked and decided to make a run for it. On the way past the shoe department, the fleeing shoplifter knocked over a table and then ran into another customer, knocking her to the floor. And that's what had happened.

Luckily the lady who got run into seemed to be okay. When I first went to see her I was sure she would be bleeding because she was older and obviously got hit without being prepared. No bleeding, just a little confused and embarrassed. Understandable.

Also, store manager Mike took us all out to lunch today -- verifying that today must be some kind of special full moon. A blue moon perhaps? Lets get the Discovery channel to do a documentary to find out.

1 comment:

Lord of the Barnyard said...

i always thought it was interesting that everything goes a little nuts the same on a new moon as a full one.

i will be happy when we get this gravity stuff all figured out.