Monday, June 26, 2006

Gimmie a Break

Break me off a piece of that.

If I were an established writer, like J.K. Rowling, I might be tempted to use the state of my apartment as some sort of metaphor for my life in general. The once-used glasses stacked in the sink, waiting for me to put them in the dishwasher for a bath. The coverless duvet strewn across the bed. The pile of smoky clothes from Memorial Day weekend still waiting to be put into the laundry basket. The utilitarian furniture. The lack of basic necessities like food and chairs for the dining table. The shower with the lone dark footprint, foreshadowing am unapetizing future. Etc.

But I am not an established writer, so I will let you make your own assumptions.

I get to watch TV all day at work tomorrow. It was supposed to be my day off, but we have the Back-to-School(BTS) set broadcast. So now I have Wednesday off instead.

I need a vacation.

But the District Manager conducts his official visit in two weeks, so that's out of the question for a while. Also, I would like to travel- visit friends and such, but I'm tight on money. NYC would be fun, but Cupcake is heading to Germany. Denver? It'd be more fun if Drew visited Mpls. Chicago is out, and I hear the farm in Ohio is on the busy side these days.

1 comment:

Cupcake said...

It's true. I'm going to Germany. But you can come to New York when I am not in Germany.