Friday, January 12, 2007

Gerrymandering

This week The Corporation (italics for emphasis) reshuffled the regions and districts it uses to geographically divide the country. We've added an entire region, and something like 20 new districts. Previously, my store was in the Minneapolis district - hence I was moved here. After the re-structuring, my store is part of the *new* Madison district. I'm not even in the same region as the Cities anymore.



This presents a small problem, as it is rare to be promoted outside of your district, and even more rare to switch regions. At least this is how things used to work. There's no telling what my real chance of moving back to Minneapolis is. I did dodge a big bullet with this restructuring though. For reasons I wont bore you with, the district manager for a neighboring district is not a Dave fan. Our store could have ended up reporting to her - which wold have been unfortunate. Instead we get a newbie. Well, he's been with The Corporation (italics for emphasis) for some time, but not as a district manager.

But as usual, things could be worse. My return to the City of Lakes may be less likely today, but at least I'm not Drew. His store - previously in the Denver district - is now a part of the Salt Lake City district. Which means Drew's best shot at city living is in Utah. And we all know how he feels about Mormons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave,
Don't slander me on your blog.

Please post an entry on the new UPS commercial featuring music by the Postal Service. Include references to their ongoing relationship with the USPS, how that relationship came to be, and speculate on how UPS might facilitate the production of the next Postal Service album.

--also a year ago there was news with them and an apple commercial. Perfect for a sidebar.

Cupcake said...

Madison? Maybe. Salt Lake City? Oh hell no.