Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Feel the Burn

Even quitting smoking I'm nearly $3000 in the hole in just the first 7 months of the year. Thank you Quicken for showing me just how financially irresponsible i seem to be. I guess maybe i should put off buying this totally rad entry table/desk, or this bedding set, or this chair. Poor house, when will you ever be properly furnished?

Also, things keep breaking. The first thing to go was the stopper in the upstairs bathroom sink. I had to take it out after it got permanently stuck in the 'down' position. Next was the toilet handle in same bathroom. Yes, the toilet handle. One day it simply decided to snap right off in my hand. Then just before I left for California, the front door lock inconceivably got jammed. I hardly ever use this door (except once a week to pick up the Sunday paper), but i had to destroy the entire doorknob and lock just to get the damn thing open. Not to mention the top step to the basement which still needs to be re-carpeted after the whippet incident.

Upon returning from California, I opened the fridge to find an exploded carton of milk that had dripped its contents all over the inside of the door and onto the floor in front. There's nothing more fun than cleaning up congealed milk from your kitchen floor at 2:30 AM after a full day of traveling across the country.

But our store's official yearly review from our district manager is finally over. So at least there's that.

No comments: